Terms & Conditions
Payment & Money
Payment is securely handled by Paypal Express, Stripe and Klarna (for bank transfers). For using PayPal and Stripe you don't need to have a Paypal account - you can also use any credit card or pay by wire transfer to PayPal.
We pack each item carefully before shipping. If an item is nevertheless damaged in transit please contact us as soon as you receive the item and notice the damage. We will replace or refund the product price at the time you ordered once the product is back in our hands or if we get proof of the damage (send a picture, please).
Do not send the item(s) back until you have contacted us first!!
Leftover yarns / twines can't be returned. Bobbins have to be in original, unused condition to be returned!
If an item is in original condition and you received the item as ordered, but you've simply changed your mind, we may still accept the return if it is something we can resell. Please ask questions and make sure it is what you want before you buy!
Returns: No Suprises, please!
No refunds will be given for "surprise" packages returned without prior communication. An exchange in the form of a discount voucher will be given for packages returned within 30 days, however, no refund or exchange of any kind will be made for a package returned after 30 days and without some sort of communication. Product returned will be donated.
Information We Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product(s) that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a custom order of paper yarn, for example), if you contact us directly.
Why We Need Your Information and How We Use It
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as when we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- as necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as 1) providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services; and 2) Compliance Shopify’s Merchant Terms of Service. We use your information as necessary to comply with our obligations Shopify’s Merchant Terms of Service.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- We share information with Shopify as necessary to provide you our services and comply with our obligations under Shopify’s Merchant Terms of Service.
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Transfers of Personal Information Outside the EU
We may store and process your information through third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy Shield as the legal basis for the transfer, as Google Cloud and Dropbox are Privacy Shield certified.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to Contact Us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Linda Thalmann, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at office (at) paperphine.com Alternately, you may mail us at:
PaperPhine by Linda Thalmann, Braunhirschengasse 47/1, 1150 Vienna, Austria
All images on this site and files available for download are owned by Linda Thalmann and all rights are reserved unless otherwise granted to you through your purchase of a license. Product images may be used without explicit permission for promotion of PaperPhine but never for any other purpose.